What to Bring
- Lightweight, moisture wicking, with maximum sun coverage (i.e. long-sleeve shirt).
- Layers for cold weather days or early mornings.
- Don’t forget to throw in a rain jacket, because you never know.
- Sun Gloves – Gloves protect the tops of your hands from sun rays… not for handling fish!
- Hat – For sun protection and to decrease glare.
- Face Mask/Buff – Sun protection!
- Eyewear – Polarized sunglasses are a must. You’ll want lenses with good coverage, from both glare and wind.
- Bug Spray
- Shoes with non-marking soles are a must (no dark soles) while we’re in the skiff. You can also fish in flip flops, socks or go barefoot.
- Wading booties or wading shoes are needed for some wading adventures.
- Rods – 8-10 WT, 9’ medium/fast action rods provide the strength needed for most of our species and allow for some punch into the ever-present wind. When in doubt…go up.
- Reels – Bring the best saltwater (sealed drag system & strong drag) reels you have.
- Line – WF floating and intermediate/sinking lines matched to your rods (or uplined).
- Flys – We are avid tyers at Island Fly, bring whatever you’ve created and let’s give it a go!
All Island Fly guests must sign our waiver and release form.
Want to Book a Trip?
Reach out to us and we’ll find a date that works. This is your experience and everything about it is custom tailored to you.