What to Bring
- Lightweight, moisture wicking, with maximum sun coverage (i.e. long-sleeve shirt).
- Layers for cold weather days or early mornings.
- Don’t forget to throw in a rain jacket, because you never know.
- Sun Gloves – Gloves protect the tops of your hands from sun rays… not for handling fish!
- Hat – For sun protection and to decrease glare.
- Face Mask/Buff – Sun protection!
- Eyewear – Polarized sunglasses are a must. You’ll want lenses with good coverage, from both glare and wind.
- Bug Spray (high DEET %)
- Shoes with non-marking soles are a must (no dark soles) while we’re in the skiff. You can also fish in flip flops, socks or go barefoot.
- Wading booties or wading shoes are needed for some wading opportunities.
- Rods – 8-10 WT, 9’ medium/fast action rods provide the strength needed for most of our species and allow for some punch into the ever-present wind. When in doubt…go up. (Island Fly can provide if needed)
- Reels – Bring the best saltwater (sealed drag system & strong drag) reels you have. (Island Fly can provide if needed)
- Line – WF floating and intermediate/sinking lines matched to your rods (or uplined). (Island Fly can provide if needed)
- Flys – We are avid tyers at Island Fly, bring whatever you’ve created and let’s give it a go! (We also will provide all the flies you’ll need.)
IntentIt is the intent of Island Fly to exclusively offer custom trips. The customer agrees to all terms and conditions of Island Fly. Island Fly reserves the right at any time to cancel or change any components of the trips we offer (services or prices) and provide a comparable substitution or a refund.
Changes by Our GuestsAny changes to the original booking must be discussed with Island Fly management 24 hours or more prior to your scheduled trip for your party to maintain rescheduling priority.
Inclement WeatherWe are not afraid to fish in the rain. It is the decision of our guests if they wish to continue with their trip or reschedule at a later date.
Adverse weather forecasts or events (high winds, large surf, hurricanes, etc.) are considered a force majeure, and will result in the cancellation of your trip at the discretion of Island Fly. All canceled trips will have the option of rescheduling at a later date.
COVID-19 PolicyAs outdoor professionals (with an epidemiologist as owner), we are continually evaluating the global and local situation around Covid-19. We know our customers have concerns around the spread of the disease and we take those concerns seriously.
The response to the Covid-19 pandemic at Island Fly is dynamic and evolving based on the current state of the pandemic and the position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). From wearing masks, to limiting the number of anglers on the skiff, to our disinfection practices, we maintain the highest level of vigilance around Covid-19.
We ask that if any member of your party has any respiratory symptoms (cough, nasal congestion, shortness of breath) or body aches, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell to please give us a call to reschedule your adventure.
Want to Book a Trip?
Reach out to us and we’ll find a date that works. This is your experience and everything about it is custom tailored to you.